Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: G_List quirks

At 02:23 AM 8/4/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Michael Beach wrote:
>
>Oops, sorry to reply to myself, but I think I've really put my foot in
>it here! I guess Kevin was comparing a typical STL implementation to a
>list implementation where the list nodes are separate from (and point
>to) the data items in the list. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Yes, that's what I was trying to convey. Sorry if it was too opaque.
Most general purpose lists I've seen use a (void*) to the data being
held, or else use templates to define them. Less general purpose have
the type of data embeded in the list definition.

One thing I like about STL is that it makes the interface to all
lists in different programs the same. You don't have to figure out
a different list package for each program you have to maintain.
Kevin Handy  kth@srv.net         Accounting Software for
Software Solutions. Inc.         VAX/VMS Computer Systems
Idaho Falls, Idaho