Re: Q: Embedding a window inside a GTK Widget

Lynx <lynx@HK.Super.NET> writes:

> Hi,
> 	I am looking for examples in embedding a window created by
> Xlib function(say XCreateSimpleWindow()) inside a GTK widget. Is it
> possible? Any pointers would be appreciated!

It is possible. You can get the XWindow corresponding to a
GDK window with GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW in gdkx.h:

So, something like:

 darea = gtk_drawing_area_new ();
 gtk_drawing_area_size (darea, 200, 200);

 gtk_widget_realize (darea);

 XCreateSimpleWindow (GDK_WINDOW_XDISPLAY (darea->window),
                      GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW (darea->window),
                      0, 0, 200, 200, 0, 0);

You might also be able to just use GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW (darea->window),
depending on what you want it for.

[ The Plug/Socket widgets allow embedding X windows from other
  applications into GTK widgets, also ]

Regards,
                                        Owen