Re: GtkText widget

Stuart Parmenter <pavlov@pavlov.net> writes:

> When tabbing through widgets in a window with a GtkText, the text
> box itself never gets focus to the point where you are able to type in
> it.  For example, in Balsa's compose window, it starts you in the To:
> field, then you tab into the subject, then cc, then bcc, then it
> *should* go into the text widget, but it doesn't.  TimJ verified this
> in testgtk as well.  Ok, back to coding.

That is a "feature" of the Text Widget. The idea is that the user shouldn't
be able to insert anything until they choose a position to
insert it at. Once you click in the Text widget, things should
focus as expected.

It should probably just put the cursor at position zero to begin
with though. You might also be noticing a slightly strange effect
where the focus in the Table is rememembered when you click
somewhere then tab back in. I'm not sure if that is a bug
or not.

Regards,
                                        Owen