Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText widget and maintenance of the GTK.

Owen Taylor <otaylor@gtk.org> writes:

> There is a bunch of stuff that needs doing on the Text widget.  (See
> the TODO). Some of the more major highlights:

Hi, I have no idea whether I'm out to lunch with this one, and have
never actually looked at the sources, but I still have this wild idea
about reusing the XEmacs display engine for a Gtk Text widget.  What
do you guys think of this?  It should do all sorts of nifty things,
like images, multi-byte chars, properties, etc *and* be quite
efficient.

Is this totally unreasonable?