Re: [gtk-list] Possible bug in GtkText..

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Lionel Ulmer wrote:

>   There seems to be a bug in the "gtk_text_set_point" routine for the
> GtkText widget. I hope this is not a known "feature" or a FAQ (the
> mailing list archive is difficult to browse without a search
> engine)...
>   I use the just released libgtk+-1.0.0. What I want to do is word
> autocompletion with the TAB key, but when I want to put the edition
> point just after the inserted word, it does not move.

I don't think that what you describe is in fact a bug.  I don't actually
understand what the ``point'' is, but I think it may have something to do
with the internal data of the text.

I actually came up against this exact same problem very recently and was
finishing up writing a patch for the code for gtktext.c and gtktext.h to
provide two functions :
void gtk_text_set_cursor( GtkText *, guint );
and
guint gtk_text_get_cursor( GtkText * );

The attached files are the patch described which I have also uploaded to
the gtk server.
  Chris

This is the README for the .c file for the addition of a set_cursor and
a get_cursor function to the GtkText widget.
The functions are fairly self explanatory.  They get and set the cursor
visible to the user.

gtk-clahey-982104-1.patch.gz

This is the README for the .h file for the addition of a set_cursor and
a get_cursor function to the GtkText widget.
The functions are fairly self explanatory.  They get and set the cursor
visible to the user.

gtk-clahey-982104-0.patch.gz