Multiple gtk_fixed_puts

gtk_fixed_put(GTK_FIXED(fixed), grass_pixmapwid, 0, 0);
Hi, I have a fixed window that in which I would like to "stamp" a pixmap
several times.

The following works:
gtk_fixed_put(GTK_FIXED(fixed), grass_pixmapwid, 0, 0);

If I gtk_fixed_put say twice, only the second stamp will appear and
I will get the warning:
** WARNING **: file gtkwidget.c: line 2436 (gtk_widget_set_parent):
"widget->parent == NULL"

How can I remedy this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                                                           ---
 joseph p turian
"This that I haue said, I will stand vnto, for I will neuer beelie my
selfe." ---Holinshed in Chron. III. 1158/1