Re: [gtk-list] Gnome-objc: gtk objective C

fractture <fract@sprintmail.com> writes:
> I am wondering why the gtk section of this package is not available
> seperately, or compilable outside of Gnome for that matter.
> Shouldn't the objective-c bindings for gtk be available to the non-gnome
> world?

You are welcome to do it.  You probably just have to add a
`configure.in' (and the other distribution niceties that `automake' will
keep complaining about).  Here's how you get an `obgtk' without the rest
of `gnome-objc'

	cvs -z9 get -d obgtk gnome-objc/obgtk

You then have to write a nice little `configure.in' which will interact
nicely with the gnome top-level configure.in, so that the same
`configure.in' will work both inside and outside a `gnome' tree.  For
ideas, look at `gnome-core/gemvt/configure.in' and how it uses
`$gnome_cv_use_gnome'.

If there is then enough demand for these bindings to be available
outside of `gnome-objc', I can then put a couple of lines in the CVS
modules file, and you will be able to say

	cvs -z9 get obgtk

HTH
- Hari