Re: irix install probs

Matthew Lewis <mlewis@cgrg.ohio-state.edu> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to compile gtk+ 0.99.10 on an IRIX6.3 SGI O2.
> I'm using GNU make, I've run configure...
>
> Make dies when it tries to run ranlib on libglib.a
> Ranlib seg faults.
> If I run make in the gdk directory I have the same problem.
>
> If I run make in the gtk directory, I don't make it quite as far. When
> it compiles gtkcolorsel.c, make dies with:
> -----------------
> In file included from gtkcolorsel.h:21,
>                  from gtkcolorsel.c:19:
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:207: conflicting types for `initstate'
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.2/2.8.0/include/math.h:682:
> previous declaration of `initstate'
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> -----------------
>
> Any suggestions?
> Much thanks.

There have been several reports of GCC on SGI conflicting with
the standard libraries. If using SGI's compiler is an option,
you could try that.

Another thing you could try is, in gtkcolorsel.h, changing

#include <math.h>
#include "gtkcolorsel.h"
#include "gtkhbbox.h"

#include "gtkcolorsel.h"
#include "gtkhbbox.h"
#include <math.h>

Perhaps things will behave if math.h is included _after_
stdlib.h?

Regards,
                                        Owen