Re: [gtk-list] egcs and gtk-- ?

"Andrew V. Shuvalov" <andrew@ecsl.cs.sunysb.edu> writes:
>    When i try to use gtk-- with egcs i got:
>
> /usr/local/include/gtk--.h:854: sorry, not
> implemented: adjusting pointers for covariant
> returns

ouch. Seems egcs folks have disabled some of the features now :)
(this "covariant return types" is a feature gtk-- uses which allows
a function return type be a derived class in virtual method overriden
in derived class, even when base class returned only base class type..)

> How to fix it?

That is hard thing to do. Would need to replace those from gensig.cc.

I'll certainly have to look into it -- this is the 2nd report of this
exactly same feature not working (another was for sgi cc -compiler..)
It goes to my todo list. (if you have time, finding it from gensig.cc
might not be too hard... check gtk--.h of what kind of code was there and
then find a place where such code is generated in gensig.cc)

finding the place might not be difficult, but fixing it might
be.. Currently the return type relies on one of the generated
arguments.. (i.e. need to make it return some fixed type and at each use
cast it to correct type)

But anyway, thanks for letting me know about this, I'll fix this soon...

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --