Re: [gtk-list] Q's: Animation & GTK Markup Language

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Phil Dawes wrote:

> 2) I've noticed that the new windoze gui controls are becoming more
> 'animated' (seems to be since IE4 and the active-desktop patches). Key
> examples are the html scrolling (which glides smoothly (50fps) in
> blocks) and the tree control which 'falls' open as if under the
> influence of
> gravity. Is there any base-class support for this kind of widget-level
> animation in gtk? Perhaps it could be hacked using timeout signals
> etc..?

If anyone adds animation to either the base-class or their program, please
allow the user to disable it (especially base-class).  I won't argue the
asthetics of it, since I don't have much in the way of asthetics, but from
a purely functional point of view, it's just eye candy, and I'd rather
spend my CPU time on other things.