"Robert M. Muth": Re: gtk drum machine

To: owt1@cornell.edu (Owen W Taylor)
cc: Zach Beane <xach@mint.net>
Subject: Re: gtk drum machine

Owen:

Zach suggested forwarding my gtk problem list to you
I hope you do not mind. Could you forward it to the
gtk mailing list. (I do not want to subscribe to it
just to post one article.)

[...]

Hi:

Here are some problems I encountered with gtk 0.99.3 which may or may not
be fixed by now. Please do not flame me if they have indeed been fixed.

o Fileselector, if you scroll in the file subwindow and double click on a
  file way down in the list -> crash.

o Fileselector should have a filter.

o Radio buttons do not work as described in the tutorial (well, there was
  not much docu so maybe I did something wrong), I was able to have
  several selected items.

o I am using button triggered popup menus as described in the tutorial.
  This leaves the button which triggered the popup
  highlighted after the popup menu has gone, what am I doing wrong?.

o Speed. I have big matrix of buttons this makes the startup way to slow.
  When I was using Xaw it was a lot faster ;-).

o Text entry fields: the default width should computed from the
  gtk_entry_set_max_length setting.

Cheers
        Robert

------- End of Forwarded Message