list widget problems

Could someone please explain how I can change the behaviour of the
gtk_list widget so that it does NOT select/unselect if I press the right
button on one of its list items.
I have a popup menu that I want to show but when I press the right
mouse-button to show it a list item get's selected/unselected. This is
rather annoying and I wonder if this is really meant to be a standard
behaviour, I have never seen a list that allows one to use the right
mouse button for selecting!
 Oh, allmost forgot: I have set the selection_mode to
"GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE".

Bawer