Re: [gtk-list] [patch] gdk goes to 1 bit screens

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Shawn T. Amundson wrote:

> Some stuff is funky in gtk on B/W, but works way better then I
> thought it would considering the simplicity of this patch.

If Gtk is to do really decent B/W, several widgets will probably have to
have special drawing logic. All of the 3-D techniques go out the window,
of course.

Another point is that falling back to 2 colors makes good sense if a
colormapped mode is running, but the needed colors cannot be allocated.