Re: [gtk-list] Re: Center a window

> > BTW: What exactly do gtk_widget_map and gtk_widget_realize do ?
> >     In which situations do I absolutely need them ?
>
>   It's explained in the gtk tutorial (chapter creating a widget from
> scratch). Excellent job btw.

"WIDGETNAME_realize() is responsible for creating an X window for the widget
if it has one."
Not exactly that helpful, unless it is mentioned in another place as well.

For example, it doesn't explain to me why text boxes crash if you don't
realize them first, Perhaps I should  realize them every time I freeze the
text.

The tutorial is an excellent *start*, as is the web pages that have each widget
and its associated signals and functions.  I understand how time constraints
can limit people's efforts and are patient.

 - Craig