Re: [gtk-list] Widow identifier

On Sun, May 18, 1997 at 07:46:13AM +0200, Sascha Ziemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to give a window a name? I would like to save the window
> position and size in the destroy event to be able to restore the same
> values the next time the window is created.

gtk_widget_set_name.. .you ought to be able to do something with this.

Also, take a look at gtk_rc_add_widget_name_style.

Between the two, it's easy to setup a style that's used by all widgets
with a given name.  Though, I'm not sure GtkStyle structs include any
way to send along position information... if it, it really should.

> Beside this I also need to know where the position of a window is stored
> or better how I can set and get that values. The function
> gtk_widget_set_usize seems to set only the minimum size and I can not
> find a similar get function.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or if it's supposed to be this way?
If this is the way it's going to stay, I'll look into writing another
function that does the useful thing.

I suspect a bug... I've seen other problems with window resizing
(shrinking, actually) without using this. (in windows that have
scrolled windows somewhere in their children)

--
					-Otto.