Re: [gtk-list] PATCH: GTK I18N patch

Li-Da Lho <ollie@ms1.hinet.net> wrote:
> Hello
> 	I tried to make the GTK widget display internationalized
> text with X11R5/R6 I18N mechanism. It can now display non-ASCII,
> two bytes or multibytes characters whenever X Locale is supported.
> The patch has been tested on Linux/X11R6 in a Traditional Chinese
> enviroment (zh_TW.big5).

  Hey, that's the very one we have been waiting so long... very neat!!!
  I tested it on Linux / XFree86 3.2 and Japanese EUC environment.
Good job.  Everything worked except GtkTooltips. (I guess it's because
GtkTooltips isn't real widget, but not sure)

  I think gtk_set_locale() should be part of GDK, and simply be called
by gdk_init().  What do you think?

Cheers,
--taka

 \|/  Eiichi Takamori, who is guu-tara, a lazy and poor boy.
 -@-  http://ha1.seikyou.ne.jp/home/taka/gimp/
 /|\  mailto:taka@ma1.seikyou.ne.jp