Re: [gtk-list] Re: Making gtk thread-safe

Hmm.. this may be a silly question, but why would you create an
application that had multiple threads using gtk ?  I would think the most
reasonable way to use threads in most programs would be to have one for
the gui, and others for doing I/O, processing tasks or what have you,
using IPC between them.

I just sorta figured this model makes more sense and would aviod the gtk
thread problems..

I can see the elegance of using multiple threads to do something like
realtime video, but I'm sure there's ways to divide the labour without
multiple gtk threads.. but I could be wrong :)

Thanks,

Ian