Repost: -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lX11 ??

For unknown reason my previous message never made it to the list.
Let me try again. Anyone else noticed your messages didn't appear
on RedHat mailing lists today? Like some do but some don't..

Howdy,

What linking options do I need to pass to compile a gtk app?
This is what I tried:

gcc gtkhello.c -o gtkhello -m486 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -ansi
-Winline gtkhello.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lX11

(also several other combinations with no success)

I could not find anything in gimp's Makefile. :(

How is sequence order important? i.e `-lgtk' first and
`-lgdk' second or the other way around?

Thank you in advance,

My real email address is:       <vladimip at uniserve dot com>
#include <disclaimer.h>  |     *Good pings come in small packets*
       Vancouver         |     Windows: for IQs smaller than 95
   British Columbia      | SIGSIG -- signature too long (core dumped)