Re: [gtk-list] [new mini-widget] hbox vs viewport

> Perhaps I lead you off in the wrong direction when I suggested
> using a viewport. It is really meant for a different purpose
> (scrolling a child window), and has some problems when
> used for the purpose of simply adding a X window for event handling.
> The big one is that it doesn't handle geometry propagation correctly
> in this context. So it's probably better to write a new widget
> just to handle this.

I suspected as much...  Thanks for writing the new widget, because I
still don't know enough to do so myself.  And I'm doubting my capabilities
even more, because I get all kinds of warnings when I run simple.c :-(

** WARNING **: file gtkeventbox.c: line 125 (gtk_eventbox_size_request): "GTK_IS_EVENTBOX (widget)"

** WARNING **: file gtkeventbox.c: line 94 (gtk_eventbox_realize): "GTK_IS_EVENTBOX (widget)"

** WARNING **: file gdkwindow.c: line 330 (gdk_window_show): "window != NULL"

** WARNING **: file gtkeventbox.c: line 94 (gtk_eventbox_realize): "GTK_IS_EVENTBOX (widget)"

** WARNING **: file gtkstyle.c: line 238 (gtk_style_attach): "window != NULL"

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

I tried to look in the code, but couldn't find anything

this is Hoek v0.23 -- automatic mail replier         hoek@pcjeroen.ubu.ruu.nl
		see also http://www.araneus.com/
	"Where do you live?  Where is the manager?  Where does he live?"
							-- Grosse point Blanc