Work on reference counting

The reference counting feature on GtkObject's is useful especially for
bindings to other languages, but...

It would be nice IMHO if all the classes used it. I.e. when you add
something to a container, that should count as a reference, when the
countainer is destroyed that is an unreference, etc. I noticed the GtkBin
class does an unref on its child, but never references it in the first
place. Is this unfinished work?

Are the container classes supposed to be referencing the objects they
hold? If so is anyone already working on making reference counting really
work everywhere? If not would anyone care if I did?

Thanks,
-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
What's nice about GUI is that you see what you manipulate.
What's bad about GUI is that you can only manipulate what you see.