Re: [gtk-list] labels and events

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Hoek wrote:

> Current window is X
>
> So, can I use a label for X and connect that to an event handler, so that
> when I click on X a menu will pop up?  So far I haven't been able to
> make a label respond to anything.  Or is it possible to create a menu_bar
> without a border of any kind?

It isn't possible to connect a event handler to a label, since labels
don't have associated X windows. So you'll need to stick your label
inside another widget, and connect to button press events on that
widget. One possibility, if I remember corrrectly, is the Viewport
widget. (Boxes, the obvious choice, also don't have windows.)

Then do something like

gtk_widget_set_events(mywidget,GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK);
gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(mywidget,"button_press_event",
		   button_press_callback, NULL);

where

static gint
button_press_callback(GtkWidget mywidget, GdkEventButton *event)
{
  gtk_menu_popup(GTK_MENU(mymenu),NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,
		 event->button);
}

(This is ofcourse, untested)

Regards,