Label and popup menu?

Hello there,

Just started using gtk yesterday and trying to learn as much as possible
by reading the docs (== source code), but have a question still :-)

I have some text: Current window is X
Now, what I want is for X to be normal text, but when the mouse goes
over it a menu pops up so that you can select another window.  After that,
the text must say something like Current window is Y.

I tried to use a label for X and connect a button_press_event-signal
to it, but that didn't work.  Can somebody give a hint, please?

I tried looking into the gimp-sources, for something similar happens in
the "File Xtns" menu, but couldn't find it :-(  (Tried a grep on all the
sourcecode for Xtns?)

this is Hoek v0.23 -- automatic mail replier         hoek@pcjeroen.ubu.ruu.nl
		see also http://www.araneus.com/
	"Where do you live?  Where is the manager?  Where does he live?"
							-- Grosse point Blanc