Re: [gtk-list] Re: How can i trap the Close Event

On Wed, Jul 02, 1997 at 08:16:58AM -0700, Raph Levien wrote:

> On 2 Jul 1997, Fritz Heinrichmeyer wrote:
>

> > I wonder how it is possible to react on the Close Event (to save work on
> > files ..)?
>
> Looking at the code, I don't think GTK has support for this yet. The
> relevant code is gtk_main_iteration () in gtk+/gtk/gtkmain.c. You'll need
> to somehow disable the gtk_widget_destroy (event_widget) call in the
> GDK_DESTROY case if the signal is handled. Something like:
>
>           if (!gtk_widget_event (event_widget, &event_copy))
>             gtk_widget_destroy (event_widget);
>
> Then, you just need to connect to the delete_event signal of the window,
> and return TRUE if you don't want to destroy the window.
>
> I haven't checked through the signal code to make sure that the
> gtk_widget_event will reliably return a FALSE in the case that there is
> no handler for the delete_event signal, but it seems like a good bet.
>
> Raph

Hrmph?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I think you're talking about the
window manager telling a window to close itself, right?

That's easy enough to catch... just attach a function to the "destroy"
signal of the main window.  testgtk does it, does it not?  At least, to
call gtk_exit to exit cleanly, rather than haning around for no good
reason.

--
					-Otto.