Re: [gtk-list] Re: Q: automatic function on program startup

[...]
> Many thanks for your interest, but I'm afraid this is not what I'm
> looking for.

	Sure? ;-).
[...]
> It's something like a progress window when a program starts while
> getting ready, then main window appears.
>
> I hope this helps you to help me :)

	I think that if you use the code given but with a status bar window, it
should work, no? just have a look at the progress bar in testgtk.c , Should
work.

	Or I missed something (possible, I'm not a guru, for sure).

	One question regarding the progress bar. Is it possible also to update
some info in it? So, like a progress bar that also tell the user what happens
(calculating, updating, etc.). I will need that (but not at startup). Probably
is it in gtk_progress_bar_update() ...

							Francois.

--
Francois Jeanmougin     | groupe de bioinformatique / bioinformatics groupe
tel:(+33) 3 88 65 32 71 | IGBMC BP 163 67404 Illkirch France