Dockable widgets (Re: [gtk-list] Re: [gnome] CVS commit: gtk+/gtk)

Owen Taylor <owt1@cornell.edu> writes:

> And you might want to coordinate this with Guillaume Laurent
> <glaurent@worldnet.fr> who is apparently working on something

I am (or was, since it's now working ok thanks to your help). I don't
use DnD (although I had that in mind for later). Also, I'm using
gtk--. Right now, what I have is a "dockable widget" which basically
is just a top level window and a pointer to the current widget's
container. You can then toggle the widget from being either in the
window or in its current container.

> similar in the context of RoseGarden.

<Chuck Thompson>

That's Rosegarden. :-)

</Chuck Thompson>

You can download

http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent/rose_devel/rosegarden-c++.tgz

and take a look at dock.h and Editor.C.

You will also need Owen's gtk_reparent patch (don't use mine, it will
work but I've overlooked details due to my lack of knowledge of
gtk). I don't know if it's available on ftp.gimp.org, if not just ask
me and I'll email it to you. It applies fine on the last gtk release.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent