Re: [gtk-list] Patches: General

	p> 1. How do I apply a patch?

patch < patchfile. man patch will tell you more.

	p> 2. Do I need to recompile and re(make install)?

Yes.

	p> 3. Do the people using my application (plug-in) need to
	p> have done the same on their machines?

Yes.

	p> 4. How do I compile GTK with a -g option? (All I usually do
	p> is un-tgz GIMP and make, so where do I stick the -g?)

CFLAGS=-g ./configure

Alternatively, edit the Makefile and append -g to CFLAGS.

	p> a. GTK is my first GUI language (or just library). For my
	p> projects I need to right a fairly narrow graphing
	p> application (to help me visualize an ODE solution). I can
	p> see how I can do it in GTK, but is GTK an acceptable
	p> environment for this?

Certainly.

	p> b. In general, how does GTK compare to motif, lestif, and
	p> other C-based GUI's?

Smaller, looks better, but not as mature and time tested.

	p> c. Where can I find this mailing lists archives?

http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/gtk/gtk-list/

	-Arun