Re: [gtk-list] Gtk and the scripting languages of the world

Marius Vollmer writes:
>This is all very vague but I already have some more concrete ideas.
>They are not concrete enough to be written down and in any case, they
>will probably require a major overhaul of Gtk.  So I would like to
>hear from you if there's enough support for a clean interface to high
>level languages.

You must remember when doing this overhaul that there is a large body
of code that already uses GTK. So you can't make huge API changes
unless you also want to go change that code. (Think about the GIMP and
its 150k+ lines). Of course, if you also volunteer to update all the
existing code then there isn't much of a problem. :)

I'd be interested in hearing what you propose. I might enjoy shooting
holes in it. And I might even have a good suggestion or two.

Peter