Re: [gtk-list] Problems compiling gtk--0.3

         ------ snippage - lots of errors ------

> I cant figure aout what is happening. My system is Debian Linux 1.2 with gtk
> from gimp 0.99, libc.so.5.4.13,ld.so.1.8.5, libg++.so.27.2.1 and gcc 2.7.2.1
>
> Any suggestion will be very wellcome.
>
> Best regards...

I think the problem is that you want the latest (ish) gtk - your copy
seems to exhibit the 'delete' keyword problem amongst others.
If you don't want to download a new gimp, get just the gtk from:

ftp://ftp.xcf.berkeley.edu/pub/pmattis/

The one I've been using is:
gtk+970606.tar.gz

Actually, while I'm here, I thought I'd mention that I am doing a C++
port of the gtk, with a few extra features including better signal
support for C++ code, and an easier api for extending the system with
new widgets. The idea is to curb the amount of projects using QT for C++
development by providing a decent C++ alternative, and then eventually
extending it to do things like OLE style stuff. It's early days yet, but
if anybody is sitting around with a load of C++ knowledge and fancies
helping, please drop me a mail.

Cheers,

Phil.

 Phil Dawes