callbacks and classes

I am defining callbacks in the menu factory, and i want to declare the
callbacks as members of a class. (tClass.ButtonCallback) for example,
however these functions must be declared static in order for them
to be handled as callbacks....otherwise it complains that I am calling
the function with (tClass::) instead of void(*)...(and i cant cast it)

I dont want to have to declare the function static, because then I
will have to declare all member variables etc of my class as static as
well (the instance of tClass isnt seen from the class definition file)...

whats my best way around this ?

thanks

Jeff