Many novice GTK questions + a new Colormap rotation plug-in.

A while ago a few people requested an xv-equivalent colormap rotation
plug-in. What I have so far is about 1% of the way there. Grab it from my
website (it's the second on the centered list) but please don't be shocked
but it's horrendous appearance. It'll get better, I assure you.

(Mail me your suggestions! Everything is fair game: layout, buttons, mouse
sensitivities, etc!)

But before it gets better I need to find answers to the following
questions (the necessity will become obvious to you the second you start
playing with it!):

1. How do I erase an arrow without having to redraw the preview (all of it
or even part of it)? If that's impossible, how about a few suggestions how
to make redrawing more efficient? (Something beyond "redraw the part
covered by the arrow only.")

2. How do I draw an arc centered at a certain point, of certain radius,
from angle A to angle B?

3. Can someone write a definitive (-ish) tut on how to control colors of
the gdk-objects. A few people tried to explain that to me (Thank you very
much, BTW) but I still don't get it!

4. My preview captures all the mouse events. When I tried to make the
frame the preview is in capture these events it didn't work (except for
GTK_EXPOSE). Why?

Thank you all in advance!

Pavel

PS: The filter simulation thingy has suffered a few minor improvements.
The "gtk" flaw remains. Get it from the same site although if you don't
use the advanced options much it's probably not worth it at all!

/  Pavel Grinfeld, a.k.a.
/  Pavel Greenfield
/
/  http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/5277
/
/  pavel@ml.com
/
/  (212) 449 1318 (w)
/  (212) 449 5865 (w if you really need to find me)
/  (212) 797 1688