Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtktext (gtk+970606)

From: hideki70@osk2.threewebnet.or.jp (HIDEKI Fujimoto)
Subject: [gtk-list] Re: gtktext (gtk+970606)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 22:14:53 -0400

hideki70> > >2. I cannot clean a displayed text to show new text on
hideki70> > >   the text widget.
hideki70> >
hideki70> > I don't understand quite what you are saying, so I'll not try to
hideki70> > answer this one.  Could you possibly restate?
hideki70>
hideki70> Sorry. I have tried again.
hideki70>
hideki70> I display text file on text widget by useing gtk_text_insert()
hideki70> like a bellow.
hideki70>
hideki70> void
hideki70> file_selection_ok(widget, fs)
hideki70> GtkWidget *widget;
hideki70> GtkWidget *fs;
hideki70> {
hideki70>     unsigned char *buf;
hideki70>
hideki70>     buf = get_file(gtk_file_selection_get_filename(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fs)));
hideki70>     gtk_widget_destroy(fs);
hideki70>
hideki70>     gtk_text_insert(GTK_TEXT (text), NULL, &text->style->black,NULL,
hideki70>                      buf, -1);
hideki70>     gtk_text_thaw(GTK_TEXT (text));
hideki70> }
hideki70>
hideki70>
hideki70> After diplaying a text file, I reopen file sellection window
hideki70> (gtkfilesel widget) from menu to display a new text file by
hideki70> calling file_sellection_ok(). So, The _new_ text should add
hideki70> to the _old_ text on text widget. I want to avoid this by
hideki70> removing the _old_ text from text widget.
hideki70>
hideki70> Could I make my state understand to you ?

Ya! I maybe solve this problem. If Anyone have time, check it please.
Ged is a text viewr which is written in Gtk , cannot edit text :-)
Ged is gotten from my home page

(http://www2.osk.threewebnet.or.jp/~hideki70).

Thanks and sorry
 ---