Re: cross compile pango error

digitek wrote:

I used knoppix 4 to build most of it (looked like problems with /lib64
trying to build on my AMD box) and saved the libXft file [0].Not sure if
Pango was supposed to be using the toolchain (arm) libXft library, or
the x86 version.  Everything else looked to be using the arm libs.

You  can check the Makefile to know which toolchain is being used .

[0]
#[2]$ file libXft.so.2.1.2.knoppix4
libXft.so.2.1.2.knoppix4: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), stripped

libXft.so.2.1.2.knoppix4 is not Arm file; its compiled for x86(32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386). arm-linux-gcc can't read this file ;thats why it displays the error "could not read symbols: Invalid operation". If you dont have the cross compiled Xft library download the latest version and cross compile it.

regards
Girish