Re: Valid UTF-8 text mangled up in GtkLabel
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>
- To: Jonathan Ben Avraham <yba tkos co il>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-i18n-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Valid UTF-8 text mangled up in GtkLabel
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 04:57:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Jonathan Ben Avraham wrote:
> Or do you think that inserting RLO's LRO's and PDO's at the
> application level is in fact the solution to this problem?
No, RLO and LRO are forbidden. RLE and LRE should be used to
embed text, and RLM and LRM should be used to force a paragraph
direction. That doesn't mean the UI (GtkTextEdit?) shouldn't
provide facilities for user to use these characters efficiently.
But one thing is for sure true, and it's that (listen everybody)
auto-dir in Pango is not going away anytime soon.
> - yba
] [Thread Prev