Re: Problems in Typing Vietnamese in Gtk application

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:09:36 +0530
Gaurav Jain <gaurav anywhere gmail com> wrote:

> Are you talking about the gtk_im_context_get_preedit_string() API?  If
> so, that won't work for me, because in my case this is not returning
> the complete string, but is always empty.  Note that the
> "preedit_changed_cb" is never being called in case of Vietnamese -
> what's happening is that the "commit_cb" is getting called at each
> key-press.  And a call to gtk_im_context_get_preedit_string() from the
> commit_cb() returns empty string.

Transforming the input should be done in the IM, not in your widget.
I would adwise against doing such ugly hacks.
The gtkentry source (and others) has working code with the vietnamese
IM, why don't you look at that and implement your own widget
like it's done there?