Re: Arabic-Indic digits and g_date_strftime()

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 04:35 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> But hey, check first with
> the Arab community.  I'm not quite sure that using those digits
> is actually preferred at all.

Well, it *is* preferred in Saudi Arabia, as far as I know. Also in a few
other countries, but the exact list is controversial.

I also know that a few countries are changing their preferences in this
or that way: the last change I heard about was from a Syrian Microsoft
employee who said that Syria is now preferring European digits. I also
know that Tunisia also prefers European digits from the time I visited
the country.

roozbeh