Re: [Inkscape-devel] Re: [cairo] Pango + cairo

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 12:08 +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 10:39 +1100, Peter Moulder wrote:

> > An alternative is to let gaps divide the line into multiple logical
> > "lines" that happen to be placed next to each other (sharing a
> > baseline).  This does raise the question of which sub-line should get
> > the first word of the full line; so bidi may affect us somewhat even
> > with this alternative.
>
> I think DTP apps typically let you choose either method, so you probably
> need to support both. The 'multiple lines' option is simpler to do
> though.

Sorry, I was confusing complete text boxes with individual lines here -
you get to choose between the 2 methods for the entire text box (flow
down one side of the gap then down the other, or both at once).

I'm not sure what method you'd use for lines that span gaps. I'd guess
the first one, i.e. just one logical line.

Damon