Pango : problem with numeric , punctuations ... etc

hi  ,

Aim:
presently i am working on pango . we have our own tool kit which provides various widget set like gtk . Now i wanted to add pango facility to our tool kit .

Problem:
i have already implemented the code to support pango for rendering and cursor movement in entry widget . but with respect to numeric values ,punctuations ,commas , apostrophes , etc pango layout changes its "layout rectangle's " size automatically and it will not return correct byte index with in the utf8 encoded string when func "pango_layout_move_cursor_visually()" called ( it will return some junk value). for other alphabets pango works perfectly.
Please provide a solution in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

" Faith begins when ability fails..."

Girish A J Associate - Software, Ph: (80) 2361 8184-86 Ext 135
PicoPeta Simputers Pvt Ltd.        Fax: (80) 2361 7568
146 5th Cross, RMV Extension,      email: girish picopeta com
Bangalore - 560 080. Mobile:9845332138 URL http://www.picopeta.com --------------------------------------------------------------------------