Greek and GTK+ IM problems

Hi All,
We have some problems with getting GTK+ IM to print new combinations
of deadkey+letter. We currently can type in Greek monotonic and cover most of the
key combinations, though I cannot figure out how add more.

For example, when using XIM, we type the middle dot (ANO TELEIA, http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/00b7/index.htm)
character by pressing
; and .  (; is for dead_acute, then the fullstop character)

I have a test system with the latest (CVS) gtk+ 2.7.0 (and all the rest for a basic devel system)
and  and a text editor (linked to the where I can test patches.

See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2005-July/msg00046.html
for a similar problem with trying to get Greek Polytonic to work with GTK+ IM.

I have tried with getting Greek Polytonic to work with GTK+ as shown above, but it does not work.

Some questions:
1. Getting GTK+ IM to use XIM solves the problems as it bypasses what is found in
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtk%2B/gtk/gtkimcontextsimple.c?view=markup
Should I persist to get "native" GTK+ IM to work or simply give up to XIM?
What would the case be for GTK+ for Windows, and GAIM, Inkscape, etc?
2. On Linux and X.org/XFree86 it is possible to have several dead keys add together so that one types GDK_dead_acute+GDK_dead_horn+GDK_Greek_alpha
and you get "alpha" with the two accents.
2.1. Does GTK+ IM support this functionality (stacking up two or more dead keys?)
2.2. Does this have any effect on Windows?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am close to "give-up" point on this :(

Simos