bug / feature?

I've observed a strange bug/feature in gtk's translation system
(somewhat gettext dependant;).

Since gtk+ has common controls (for example buttons like Ok, Cancel,
Save, Load),
they're translated strangely. An example will be easier to understand:

You have a program, called gtkX. Your locale is set to X (LANG=X)
gtk+ library has a translation in the X language, but gtkX doesn't.

When You run that program with your locale set, all program's controls
will have
english text on them EXCEPT for the common gtk controls.
For me it's very inconsistent - quite a bug.

I know, a temporary solution would be LANG=C gtkX. But it's just
temporary...

--
. Registered Linux User #164764  ...::... Registered BLUG Member #0032 .
...   http://www.madman.2ya.com    ....     JID: madman chrome pl    ...