Re: [maemo-developers] testing pango with 770

On 12/21/05, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbieri gmail com> wrote:
> On 12/21/05, Tapani Pälli <tapani palli nokia com> wrote:
> > * What is causing slowness?
>
> It's disappointing that with every release gtk gets slower...

Where's the numbers for that? Or is this the fabled "user experience"
that can't be measured but is always right, no matter what is proved?

(sorry for being a smart-ass, but I want those numbers so GNOME can be
"fixed" in this regard so nobody has to whine about it anymore...)

> someone
> that works with pango should take a look at this and try to run gprof
> to check for bootlenecks.

They have. Check blogs for behdad or federico for example, or the
archives for the GNOME performance-list at:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/performance-list/

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi