devanagari word processing

We are installing 50 seats of LTSP for our client.  One of the things
our client wants to do is word processing with devanagari letters.

Yudit works great, but lacks in formatting.

I was expecting that Abiword would work, but actually I found that the
Indic stuff in still in development in the latest dev snapshot.  They
are targetting Windoze first too, so I don't expect abiword will do
Indic letters on Linux for at least 6 months.

Are there any other word processors (even rudementary) which use Pango
as a backend?

Thanks!

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://openheartlogic.org