Re: ZWNJ/ZWJ being shown in Pango HEAD ?

Dear Stefan,
>> Similarly encoding with Dash is <Dash, ZWJ, Bengali Vowelsign
E,
>> Consonant>.

> Do you have a page reference to the Unicode Standard for that?
> That would be neat.

Sorry using with Dash is my own suggestion because I see some
one want to use with Dash instard of SPACE. Using with SPACE+ZWJ
is Unicode standard but I lost tracking of that Page, sorry.

>> But we cannot prevent user entering form like <SPACE, VOWEL
SIGN
>> E, KA>

> That depends.  It~~~s all up to the input method.  With an
English
> keyboard, the key sequence [space] [e] [ka] would naturally
> generate the character sequence

   <SPACE, LETTER E, LETTER KA>

instead of

   <SPACE, VOWEL SIGN E, LETTER KA>

??? LETTER E? is that standalone Cons. or just glyph with dotted
cilcle?

> anyway.  I agree that there is a problem in the case of a Bengali
> keyboard with an explicit key for the e m~~tr~~.  But if it
really
> is the case that Bengali keyboard users are accustomed to enter
> the m~~tr~~ with that key in the visual order, then some major
> reeducation about the Unicode model is called for anyway.
Or,
> even better and much more practicable, sufficient ruthlessness
in
> the input method, such that

>   [space] [~~~]

> on its own just does not do anything.

> In general, give users an option to press keys either in visual
> order or in logical order.  So they can press

>   [~~~] [~~~]

> in the former case and

>    [~~~] [~~~]

> in the latter to get the character sequence

>    <LETTER KA, VOWEL SIGN E>

> Relatedly, for those users who choose the visual method and
use
> the key sequence

>    [~~~] [~~~] [~~~]

> to enter ~~~~~~, the input method needs to properly convert
that into
> the character sequence

>    <LETTER KA, VOWEL SIGN O>

We, Martin and me, have better solution for Vowel E that enable
user to keyin in front of Cons. but that need inputmethod handling.

We use a keymap that enter two character when user keyin vowel
E.

<ZWSP, VowelE> and display as <ZWSP, VowelE, dotted circle>

The extra ZWSP prevent to swap with preceeding Cons.

When user enter base Cons. inputmethod swap vowele and base Cons.
and remove ZWSP so become

<BaseCons, vowel E> of cause display will show as <Vowel E, BaseCons>

Hope that will help.

Maung TunTunLwin
maungttlwin myanmar com mm