Re: About russian fonetic keyboard on Linux Mandrake 9.2.

On 16/11/2003 at 17:39:15(+0200), Juris used 0.2K just to say:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone knows about this?
>
> Juris

The easiest thing (i.e. something you can use right away) is to probably try
the following in an xterm:

setxkbmap -symbols 'ru(phonetic)'

You should then be able to switch between Cyrillic and Latin using the right
Alt key or probably one of the Win keys or... no idea.

You can take a look at the files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/ and see what
possibilities there are for the different options to setxkbmap. Once you're
done you can adjust you XF86Config by changing the values on the `Option
"XkbSymbols"' or `Option "XkbKeycodes"' lines.

If you're looking for a gtk input method solution, I am not the one to give you
an answer.  I personally don't use the gtk IMs, because using setxkbmap allows
me to type Cyrillic in all applications including gtk2 apps. A good example is
vim, which uses the term.

--
\    Georgi Georgiev   \  Never be afraid to tell the world who you    \
/     chutz gg3 net    /  are. -- Anonymous                            /