Re: 2.3.1; traveling; request for bug help

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at  8:53:12 -0500, Trever L. Adams wrote:

> Second (bug #114237), the best underlining patch so far for this would
> have to be the one referenced in:
> http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2003-October/msg00183.html

Cool. Nicholas Setton, would you like to attach your latest
patch to that bug?

> If, Nicolas Setton, the author the patch mentioned above would like, I
> can take his latest version (preferably against 1.3.x of Pango) and my
> rework of Damon Chaplin patch (which was the one I posted) and work them
> together.  This would be a good thing.

Usually the maintainers prefer add functionality
incrementally (one mini-feature per bug/patch). I would
urge you to keep the patches separate and to make sure they
get attached to the appropriate bugs in bugzilla.

Also, any patch that should be applied to cvs HEAD needs to
be against cvs HEAD, not a tarball release.

> Third, wishlist, odd shaped Layout areas.  Thing of anything but a box,
> say circles, odd polygons, etc.  This is needed for DTP (and so is my
> above mentioned word underlining and kerning).

Check for an existing bug in bugzilla, and if there isn't
one, file it. Note however that this thread is about what's
going to make it into 1.4, which is quite limited at this
point. Brand new wishlist items are definitely not going to
be in 1.4.0.

Noah