Re: Pango FAMILY-LIST and STYLE-OPTIONS acceptable values

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 08:11:06AM -0700, John Mann wrote:
> Hello. I am using pango_font_description_from_string
> () to describe my font. It seems only "Sans" and
> "Serif" are recognized for the FAMILY-LIST component
> of the string. I tried obvious ones like "Arial" and
> "Helvetica", but this made no difference in the
> appearance of the font. Is there a list of  acceptable
> values for FAMILY-LIST and STYLE-OPTIONS? Or is there
> something else one needs to do to have a string such
> as "Arial 20" recognized? Thanks.

You just have to have Arial installed and recognized by your font
system (either fontconfig, or in older Pango the core X font system).

Or set up an Arial alias in your fonts.conf if there isn't one
already. There may be an alias already that just points to Sans for
example.

Open a font selector dialog to see the list of fonts, is the easiest
way.

Havoc