Font configuration issues.

Hi list,

I am using gtk 2.2.1 with Gnome 2.2, I found that if the selection of
font is effectively determined by LC_CTYPE, why??

In my understanding, LC_CTYPE should only influence how a apps process
the data from external. Though I am not sure..

Another important issues is, is it possible to configuration the system
(fonts.conf right?) so that, when in non en locale, the system will
still use en fonts to render the latin messages, while taking another
fonts for other language? If it is only a configuration issues, would
you mind show me a bit examples?

Regards,
Zarick Lau