Re: Pango

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Maung TunTunLwin wrote:

> Pango source code version yet. I would like to know How Pango work with
> OpenType font? How can I use Pango to call glyphs from font, mean Unicode,
> Adobe type name or Glyph index? And how about Opentype ruled Glyph call,
> mean substitution deleting and positioning.

  Unless you want to access low-level 'internals' of OTFs, you can just
call pango_itemize() and pango_shape() with __Unicode__ strings (currently
in UTF-8). Needless to say, this is a very rough sketch with details
left out.

  Or, do you want to get a string of font-specific glyph indices  for
a string of Unicode characters and an OTF?

> If some one can told me overall flow of how Pango work will be help me great
> a lot my reading Pango code.

  Why don't you take a look at the API specification at
  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/pango ?

    Jungshik