Re: how to configure widget direction

>       I use red hat linux 8.0, the version of XFree86 is 4.0.3 and  the
> desktop manager is Gnome.
>     Is there any configurable options in GTK+ that control direction of
> GTK+'s widget . After configuring it , I am able to make all widget's
> direction of application with GTK+  being RTL (right to left) .
>      Another question: In http://www.pango.org/gallery.shtml, The last
> paragraph tell me GTK+ has the ability to mirror an interface
> automatically. Children are inserted into containers in the opposite
> order from the way they are displayed for left-to-right languages. This
> can be done almost completely without assistance from the application
> programmer.
>       But I can't find the way to make interfaces mirrored . please tell
> me how to make widget mirrored or where I can find resourses that
> involve answers.
> thanks

By default, gtk determines the default text direction from the locale. If
you want to
set the text direction explicity, see gtk_widget_set_direction() and
gtk_widget_set_default_direction()
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-set-direction
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-set-default-direction

testgtk.c contains an example for the use of
gtk_widget_set_default_direction().

Matthias