[no subject]

The "Open" in OpenType is really an open architechture for Microsoft. That is NOT Open to 3rd party company from Microsoft. It called OpenType because they decide to name it that way. For example, if I want to, I could named my next son Open Tang. And that does not mean he is open at all. Samething happen to OpenType. They just name it that way. (How many people you know who named Joy or Grace do not have joy and grace all the time :) )

So... when we talking about OpenType, please be specific. Please make it clear you are talking about the OpenType architecture that what Microsoft could do in the future, or you are talking about a specific implemenation (version) of OpenType that Micorsoft shipped.