compile error in Pango 1.2.0

Something obviously fell thru the cracks. (IMHO) This portion of the code
was never tested.
It can not compile clean as written.

 pangoxft.h in pango-1.2.0/pango  gets used  if and only if XFT is set to
true in Configure
 Configure determins that Xft is available by calling pkg-config on xft and
setting the value
depending on the version reported by pkg-config.

 Pangoxft.h

 #include <X11/Xft/Xft.h>
 #if (defined (XFTVERSION) && XFTVERSION >= 2000)
  #define blah, blah
#else
  #error XftVersion must be at least Version 2
#endif

 <X11/Xft/Xft.h> is the Xft delivered by X11 and is standard Xft version 1
    X11 compiles will break if this is not Version 1

 pkg-config --cflags Xft2  gives the value for find the Xft version 2
include files which
should have been used.

 ( of course if pkg-config reports that Xft2 doesn't exist, then configure
won't generate
  Makefiles that process the errent file and then the problem doesn't
exist.)

    (pango 1.2.0 broken,  breaks all the other code that depends on pango
gtk+, pan et al)
 (broken so badly that I have to use Win's stuff to post to a list, well I
guess I could use mailx
  but yucch...)

 ---
   Kermit Tensmeyer